Marketing your online store properly during the Holidays is really important as it will help you attract more attention, get new customers, and increase your sales.
In this article, we will discuss how to make your online store stand out during the holiday season. Even though there are different strategies and tricks you could use to attract customers during the Holidays, if you want to achieve great results, you need to use something that is effective and already proven.
We are going to share some pretty unique, outside-the-box marketing online store ideas that will inspire you to get started with a few ideas of your own. Let’s start:
- Create a gift guide – A lot of potential customers start the holidays with a shopping list of how many products they need, who they need to buy for, and etc. Here is one idea, why don’t you create a gift guide for Mom, for Him, for Grandma, for The Cutest Baby in the World, and etc. Don’t be afraid to get creative. You will be surprised what can you do if you just let your inner creativity out.
- Offer a wish list – Giving your potential customers options such as the option to create a wish list of their favorite items on your ecommerce store is really important. Just think about it, if they share the list with their friends, you will be able to attract more potential buyers to your store.
- Offer free shipping – Online customers prefer WYSIWYG or what you see is what you get. If you decide to offer free shipping for the holidays, we guarantee you that you will be able to attract lots of attention and new customers. Also, your customers will know that the prices you offer on your site are the prices they are going to pay at the end, so they will obviously come back to shop again.
- Offer combined shipping – If you don’t want to offer free shipping, you could offer a combined shipping. When customers purchase multiple items you could offer a discount on your shipping.
- Cross promote with other online stores – This is probably one of the greatest things you could do for the holidays. Find online stores that simply fill the gaps in your selection of products and complement your offerings. By doing so, the customers will discover your store and your products, they will discover their products, it is a win-win situation.
- Coupon codes – Offering coupon codes online is probably the oldest trick in the book, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t use it. You can change it a little bit and make it modern and interesting, for example, target your group of potential buyers with a Facebook ad and then offer a coupon code in exchange for likes.
- Offer gift wrapping and decoration – A lot of people shop online as they are simply too busy to go to the stores. Give them one reason why they should shop from your online store during the holidays. Offer a complete decoration or gift wrapping.
- Give discounts for making an action – The coupon codes are not the only thing that will motivate your customers to come back for more. You could offer a certain discount for people who will sign up to your email list, refer your online store to a friend, and etc.
- Include lots of holiday-themed photos – You can add photos of people enjoying your products or a video of your employees decorating or gift wrapping the presents.
Great Contest Ideas to Market Products Online
Promoting your business or brand online is crucial these days, especially if you want to attract attention and new potential buyers to purchase your products. The hardest part is coming up with an effective idea.
If you come up with a boring or something that is already seen, the customers won’t be interested in seeing or buying your products. You need to come up with something original, something that is unique and that will capture their attention.
Don’t embarrass your business, brand, and the products you offer. Don’t make rash decisions and take the time to plan and figure out a proper contest that will make the most sense for what you are trying to accomplish. Once you do that, get the right tools in place to organize the contest, promote your products, and ensure you get the most out of it.
Before we present you some great and effective contest ideas to market products online, here are a few things you need to keep in mind before you launch your contest.
- A target goal – Before going into the contest, you need to determine a clear benchmark for success. Your goal might be something like 1000 new followers on Instagram, 10% more Facebook likes, 1000 new email subscribers, and etc. It is important to set the goals before the contest starts so you can create the contest around your goals.
- Prize and winner selection process – It is important to outline what the actual price will be before the contest starts. Gift cards, limited edition items or maybe a large selection of products. Once you will determine the final price, you should outline how the winner will be selected. If you want to select a completely random winner, websites like Random.org and Rafflecopter are going to help you.
- Promoting a business – You need to think about how you will promote your contest, once everything is set up. Email and social media platforms will help you spread the word, but you should also think about how you can reach beyond the normal number. We highly recommend you to run Facebook ads, partner up with powerful influencers, and partner up with local businesses.
Here are 5 great contest ideas you can use to market products online:
- Photo caption contest ideas – The participants should create a funny caption for a certain photo you post and then you should choose your favorite. The photo will relate back to your products and that’s how you will keep the contest relevant.
- Essay contest ideas – Ask the participants to write an essay why they like your brand or your products. You will discover some great quotes and customer stories within these essays and you can use these stories to engage with your customers.
- Share your best tips contest – Allow the participants to share how they use your products. This is a great way for your people to learn tips and tricks about using your products, and it can create a dialogue with your brand on social media platforms.
- Share a photo contest – This photo-sharing contest motivates participants to share a photo as an entry to the contest. This could be a photo of their favorite product from your brand. The whole idea is to feature a product from your store.
- Name a new product – Allow your audience get involved in naming your products by motivating them to name the new product you are launching. You can allow participants vote on the name they like the most.
You are thinking about selling digital products on your website, but you feel a bit stuck. We all have been there. Some of the questions
Digital products can’t be tasted, held or touched and yet everyone buys them – from videos and music to online courses, ebooks, and more. Due