Wondering whether or not to replace your cash register with a modern POS system or Point of Sales software? Here are 10 reasons why you should do it!
A couple of years ago, the cash registers were the only option in town, however, today, the businesses (retail businesses, cafes, restaurants, bars, and etc) have more choices.
Replacing your cash register with a modern and easy-to-use POS system of Point of Sales software has lots of great benefits.
We are going to present you 10 reasons why you should replace your cash register with a Point of Sale system:
- POS software systems simplify the accounting process. The traditional cash registers demand accountants to sort and organize hundreds of receipts. With the Point of Sale system the financial team or the accountant in your business company, restaurant or shop can use the built-in reports and easily create their own.
- The POS system, unlike the traditional cash register, includes an overall inventory management system. The store owners can utilize a POS system to track their sellers, organize and reorder the products when the stock goes below the minimum, and much more.
- With a Point of Sales software system, it is super easy to look up and go through all past transactions. For example, if you need to know how much you have sold last Friday, the POS system can give you the information in a matter of seconds. With the cash register, it would take a few hours or work to find that information.
- You can use a POS system to create all of your purchase orders which eliminates an extra step and time in the order process. If you want, you can automate the process and make sure you never run out of your most popular items.
- Today’s modern workers are usually comfortable with POS devices when compared to the complicated and old-fashioned cash registers. The generation today entering the workforce doesn’t really know a time without computers and because of that, they are pretty comfortable with digital or computerized technology such as the POS devices.
- The POS devices provide more effective and faster service when compared to the slow and old-fashioned cash registers. From authorizing a credit card transaction to ordering or printing a customer receipt, every part of the process is absolutely simplified. The POS devices are faster than cash registers.
- All customers receive descriptive itemized receipts with POS devices. A lot of cash registers can print the date, as well as, the amount of the sale but the POS systems are tied into the whole inventory management system and they can provide the customer with more detailed information such as the list price, the sale price, and etc.
- The Point of Sales software systems can decrease user errors. During a sale, hitting the wrong key or entering the wrong number is a disaster. The POS systems have built-in checks to make sure that all information entered is correct.
- You can control and see real-time information with all POS devices which is something that old cash registers can’t do. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of businesses, stores, and restaurants that have found that implementing and using a POS system eliminates the need for an expensive hand count.
- The repair, as well as, the maintenance costs are usually lower on POS devices than on cash registers. The number of experienced companies or individuals that repair cash registers is decreasing which means that costs can be really high. There are many qualified vendors who repair POS devices and the price is low.
So, are you ready to make the switch?
The Common Problems of POS Systems and How to Solve Them
Today’s retailers are doing away with the traditional cash register and are now opting for the modern POS systems that use some of the latest technologies. While some of the greatest and latest POS systems are way better than their counterparts, POS systems also have problems. Below are various problems that POS systems face. But you can rectify them if your employees are prepared and trained.
With the increase of hackers nowadays, it’s crucial for you to ensure that your client’s credit information and your point of sales system is protected. Don’t make the mistake of buying an end of sales system that doesn’t have a hacker’s detection. A single breach is what it takes for a business to be destroyed. Don’t allow a hacker to ruin your business just because you opted to buy a cheap POS system that didn’t have a hacker’s detection.
Inability to charge
We have severally been in a situation where you have had a busy day, and you forget to connect your phone to the charger. You wake up, and you find out that the battery of your phone is empty. If you are using a mobile POS system, then you should make sure you have spare chargers. You can have one at your workplace, your car, at home and other places that you might think of. And this important especially if you travel a lot for business, you don’t want a dead POS system when attending to your customers.
Just like any other system that you might add to your business, some staff members of your business will have a hard time using it. Before you start using your brand new POS system its crucial to train your staff on the functions of the POS systems so everyone knows how to work around it and how to solve issues that may arise. Educating your employees on how to use the POS system will pay off in the long term when they are helping customers checkout with ease.
One of the reasons for upgrading to a new POS system is because they can track and report on promotions and sales. At times some POS systems might fail to do this, and in this case, you will be required to seek the help of a Point of sales professional about upgrading your system to the one that meets your needs. Promotions are a must for any business, and your point of sales systems should not have issues handling sales, discounts and coupons.
You won’t always be available to manage and look out for your business. A quality point of sales system should be compatible with your smartphone so that you can have access to sales and your business even when you are far away from your company. If you are operating a POS system that doesn’t have mobile compatibility, it will not give you the ability to monitor your business, and you will need to replace it with an upgraded version.
One of the advantages of using a POS system is the reporting options that are made available to you. If the information you are collecting is incorrect it means, there’s a problem with the POS system you bought. You can buy a good POS system for a large sum of money, but it will be worth the investment if it works well.
Though the point of sales systems is a great benefit for any retail business, they do have some challenges which can be solved with proper training.